Why Math? Digital Story

Friday, October 9, 2009

Blog Entry 7: OPEN

Cognitive Tutor.  The other Math 1 teachers and myself use an online math support program in our classes.  This is a mastery-level program that is a great tool if it works properly.  However, our network is so incredibly slow, that our students spend more time waiting for each problem to load than they actually do working on the problems.  Hence, we have more behavior issues and feel that we are wasting a lot of time that we could use more efficiently.  Therefore, the other Math 1 teachers and I have decided to stop using this program and use this time to work on reviewing and targeting problem areas.  I do still encourage my students to use Cognitive Tutor at home.  I am hoping that our school will address the network issues so that we can take advantage of this program. 

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell if your students are using this application at home? What is the link to this application and can anyone use it?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.