Why Math? Digital Story

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blog Entry 8: Emerging Technology that Supports Creativity and Production

Technology is a great way to promote creativity and production.  All of our students are creative or have the capability to be creative.  Technology allows students to be creative in so many ways.  Some activities that would promote creativity would be creating a blog, creating a VoiceThread, creating a ComicLife, creating surveys or polls, etc.  There is an endless array of technology resources and applications that promote creativity.  Most of our students are familiar with technology and many times are more comfortable to express themselves through the internet or other technology device.  Teachers should take advantage of this and incorporate technology on a regular basis so that their students can work on their creativity and show off their ideas and thoughts.  Students also seem to be much more productive when using technology.  They do not see working on a computer, cell phone, mp3 player, etc to be work.  Rather they see it as a fun activity and are willing to do much more work than they would do in a regular paper and pencil classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all that you have stated Keri. I only wish I was as comfortable with some of these programs as my students are. I was amazed at how much I learned from my 4th graders when they began playing with Comic Life. They showed me things I didn't even know were there. I attributed this to the fact that they aren't afraid to click a button. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.