Many state mandated assessments are offerred online, including EOCT's. When I worked at Woodstock High School, the EOCT's were administered online. I really enjoyed this method, because it was much easier to administer and the results were returned much more quickly. At Dawson County the EOCT's are aministered using the paper method. This is because our network can not handle that amount of usuage.
My question is, do students do better on the online assessment or the paper version? I have noticed that when students complete math problems on a computer program, they are much less likely to write it down and work it out. They usually try to do it in their heads, even if it is impossible to do that. Therefore, many of them end up guessing for many of the problems. However, I do not know if they would do the same thing on a test that is 15% of their grade.
Why Math? Digital Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We have benchmark testing online in our county. The students are rewarded is a certain percent is gained form pretest to posttest. The amount of the reward is up to the individual schools. Also, the posttest score is counted as a grade in the gradebook to encourage students to do their best work.
ReplyDeleteOur county is going to start using student response systems to administer certain standardized testing. I'll be very interested to see how this affects performance.
ReplyDelete