Why Math? Digital Story

Friday, November 13, 2009

PBL Reflection

I was the project leader for my group's PBL proposal.  This project took a lot more time and collaboration than the other assignments, however, I feel that my group worked together very well and our project was very cohesive.  I really like the activity we came up with and plan to implement it into my Math 1 Support classes.  One negative of this project, was that some of the team members are elementary school teachers and therefore had a more difficult time coming up with an activity for a high school class.  Also, they will be unable to implement this project into their class.

3 comments:

  1. Keri, you are so right with the implementation of this at the elementary level. However, when I shared the project with our gifted education teacher she felt it was something she definitely wanted to do with her students since she already has them create a store and buy and sell items that they create. You lead us well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job leading this project. If you ever implement this activity I would love to know how it works. I will share the ideas with a middle school teacher friend of mine. Hopefully this will benefit you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto from me, Keri. You did an awesome job helping us get through this project - especially guiding those of us not experienced with high school. I really hope you actually use this project. It's something you can do just in your own class - not something you have to get "buy-in" from other teachers in order to implement.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.