Why Math? Digital Story
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Comic Life Reflection
I found using Comic Life to be fun. It was almost like drawing or painting. I use graphic organizers on a regular basis in my class, but have always used Word to create these. There are many things you can do with Word, however, Comic Life is much more appealing to the eye, which is exactly what I want out of a graphic organizer. This software is also very easy to use and navigate. It did not take much to figure out how it worked. Overall, I have found Comic Life to be a great tool for creating graphic organizers and worksheets for my students. I would also think that Comic Life would be a great tool that students could use to summarize their learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great thoughts on your Comic Life experience Keri. You are doing such a great job. It has been a pleasure to work with you this semester.
ReplyDeleteKeri - that was a very innovative way of using ComicLife, especially since you probably wouldn't automatically think of using ComicLife with math. As you mentioned, I think it would also be cool to have your students use it to create their own graphic organizers. The ease of its use would allow them to learn quickly, and the novelty of the application would keep them interested longer.
ReplyDeleteI think a math test created by using ComicLife would be less threatening and fun.I shared this idea with Chris also. Make math fun and how it is applied in everyday life would be the most benficial to children. However, we often don't have time to plan for those great lessons.
ReplyDelete