Why Math? Digital Story

Sunday, September 13, 2009

School Notes - Blog 3

At my school, teachers are required to post their weekly lesson plans on schoolnotes.com.  I used this site for lesson plans only last year.  However, now that there is a new version, new.schoolnotes.com, I have been using this site for lesson plans, surveys, practice quizzes, linking helpful sites and attaching documents.  This site has really worked well so far this year.  I have embedded a survey for my parents to fill out that goes directly into a spreadsheet at googledocs.  This way I have current contact information and I do not have to worry about entering all of it myself.  I have also embedded a student inventory survey, monthly polls, and practice tests.  Last year I was unable to add links and attach documents, however, with the new updates on the site this feature has been great for my students and parents to find helpful resources and documents that they may have been out for.  I feel that I have much more contact with my parents and the parents feel more comfortable with what is going on in class.  Using the internet is a great tool for keeping parents involved and informed.

Here is the link to this page:  Mrs. Rhinehart's School Notes Page

3 comments:

  1. We have a guy that designs and updates our web page. We actually post our grade level newsletters, school lunch menu, and parents can look up possible AR books. However, this site is not accessed as much as we would like. Do you feel like your parents use your school notes page as much as you would like for them to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents do use the schoolnotes page a good bit. I wish more would use it, but those that do use it, do so on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our school has just recently started using OnCourse for lesson plans. Right now it's optional, but eventually it's going to become mandatory. As a media specialist, I'm not required to formally post lesson plans, but recently, one of our teachers told me I can look at other teachers' lessons. This helps me a lot because when I do certain lessons on research, I like to connect what I do with something the kids are covering in the classroom. In the past I've just contacted the teachers, but now I've requested access to OnCourse to check on lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.